CORPORATE, COMMERCIAL, & BUSINESS LAW
Many Americans’ dreams center around starting and running their own business. Not only does it provide an opportunity to “be your own boss,” but it can be a sentimental and meaningful legally item to pass along to your descendants. It is not uncommon for business owners to pour significant time, energy, and resources into building and maintaining their businesses. They take steps to protect their businesses from theft and physical damage. So why do they not take steps to protect their businesses against legal challenges?
CORPORATE LAW IN UTAH
A corporate or business lawyer is an attorney who is intimately familiar with the federal and state laws and regulations that govern the conduct of business activities. These individuals are ideally suited to help business owners:
- Start a corporation or other business form;
- Create bylaws and articles of incorporation;
- Advise as to the issuance of stock;
- Advise business owners as to proper procedures for making important business decisions;
- Protect intellectual property that the business develops;
- Defend the business against slander, libel, and attacks against its reputation;
- Take action legal against those who harm the interests of the business; and
- Wind up and discontinue a business if it proves to be unsuccessful or if the owners are unwilling to continue the business.
A corporate and commercial business law attorney is a valuable asset to the wise business owner. This attorney is often able to spot potential legal issues that might affect the business before the issue becomes a crisis. This saves the business owner time and money and allows him or her to devote his or her attention to the business and its profitability.
HOW TO CHOOSE A BUSINESS LAW ATTORNEY
Choosing the right attorney to represent your business and its interests is no easy task. Your attorney should:
- Have significant verifiable experience representing businesses of all types in a variety of legal disputes;
- Take measures to remain up-to-date regarding new laws and regulations that can affect business operations;
- Be willing to take the time to understand your business, its history, and your goals for the future of your company;
- Be able to be honest with you about plans and actions which might put your business in jeopardy, even if you are not happy about being challenged or confronted; and
- Be someone you can trust and confide in.
At Harris, Preston & Chambers, LLP, we want to be this lawyer for you and your business. Our knowledge and experience in representing businesses of various sizes means that no matter your situation we are able to help protect your business and its future. Our Logan, Utah attorneys are committed to helping clear the way for your business plans and protecting you against unexpected legal disputes and lawsuits.
Contact our Logan, Utah attorney offices today by calling (435) 752-3551 and learn how legal representation from the corporate, commercial, and business law attorneys of Harris, Preston & Chambers, LLP can benefit you and your business.